Life File Course 5weeks
Are you prepared for life’s unexpected turns? Will your loved ones know what to do when you’re gone?
Our 5-week Life File course is designed to help you think through and organize your files, records and wishes while also providing helpful tips for ensuring your loved ones have everything they need. Join our waiting list for the next session.
Week 1 : An Introduction to the Basics
During the first week, we will spend some time getting to know each other as a group and reviewing the program content, toolkits, and course expectations. We will also level-set around terms and acronyms to be aware of during the course.
Week 2 : Starting Your Documentation Journey
- Safely collecting account information (bank/brokerage accounts, credit cards, retirement plans/pensions, insurance, government benefits, passwords)
- Reviewing your property (real estate, vehicles, other personal property)
- Organizing estate and inheritance taxes
Week 3 : Thinking through your wishes
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances
- Organ/Body Donation
- Burial or Cremation
- Funeral and Memorial Services
- Will and Trust
Chapter 4 : Considering your communities
- Service providers
- Health Care Directives
- Children, pets and other dependents
Week 5 : Tips for having critical conversations
- Letter to loved ones
- Setting up and holding conversations with those responsible for managing your estate to review where to access information from this program and review wishes
“I thought I had things in order and was fairly organized, but I can’t believe all the information suggested… Items I haven’t thought of.”
Ready to get started?
Get in touch to join our waiting list!